knowledge › Life
I've learned through minimalism that clothing really doesn't matter all that much. After trying out wearing the same thing every day for 2 weeks it became apparent that it doesn't matter to my friends or my colleagues what I wear. No one even noticed unless I pointed it out.
Since then, I've donated, recycled, or thrown out pretty much my entire wardrobe in an effort to replace everything with things I can wear every day without thinking about it. I've ended up with a far smaller wardrobe, being more relaxed in the mornings, and feeling less stressed about laundry.
I now wear the same thing every day effectively reducing the number of decisions that I'm forced to make while still feeling comfortable and retaining my "metal head" style.
- 10 identical dark grey tshirts from ascolour.
- 2 identical plain black pairs of super skinny jeans from JayJays
- 1 pair of plain black, biker detail super skinny jeans from ASOS
- 1 black leather belt from H&M
- 1 pair of Lakai skate shoes
- Assorted plain colour socks and underwear
- Heavy faux leather biker/skater style hooded jacket from Conner, black+grey of course
- Lighter denim and cotton hooded jacket from H&M in black and grey
- Light grey beanie from H&M
- Black snapback cap